Chicken Tortilla Bake Recipe
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, chilies, broth, soups and onion; set aside. Layer half of the tortillas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, cutting to fit pan if desired. Top with half of the chicken mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Tortilla Bake(7)
Sort By :
This is one of my go-to recipes when I need to make dinner in a,short amount time. I use flour tortillas instead of the corn tortillas. I also add a cup of corn to make it a one dish meal.I set out any toppings I have on hand- sour cream, pickled jalapenos, etc & serve with a big salad.
Enjoyed the recipe but would add in lieu of green chiles chopped jalapenos to spice it up even more.
My kids (14 & 17 year old boys) & husband loved it! Made the following revisions: Sprayed 13x9 with Pam and layered w/6 flour tortillas. No need to cut, just placed them in the bottom going up the sides. To the mix took another reviewers suggestion w/2 cans cream of chicken, 1 can cream of mushroom, 1 cup sour cream, 1 can drained miled Rotel (in lieu of green chilis) and a little milk to desired consistency. Added about a tablespoon or two of my homemade taco mix (packaged would work too) to taste, season salt and dried minced onions since kids won't eat anything if they know there are onions. Layered it as instructed but on top after the cheese I sprinkled a snack bag of Doritos that had been crushed. DELISH! Everyone one loved it!
Since I didn't have all the posted ingredients, I had to make some substitutions: 1 can of chilies, no mushroom soup, but 2 cans of cream of chicken, added sliced olives and sprinkled some Cotija on the tortillas before adding the chicken mixture. It was yummy.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >