- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 12 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the chicken, peppers, mustard and seasonings; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese.
- Flatten each roll into a 5-in. circle. Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture in the center of six circles. Brush edges with water; top with remaining circles. Press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets; brush with butter. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cut bundles in half to serve.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked bundles on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, bake bundles as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Swiss Bundles
Sort By :
"My family loved these. I actually made 18 bundles but probably my frozen rolls were smaller. Will make these again and again."
"I made a batch of pizza dough and made this as a stuffed pizza instead of bundles...a layer of pizza dough on the bottom, all the filling spread over it, and another layer of pizza dough over the top. Much easier to prepare and tasted great!"
"<p>I cut up chicken breasts in to small chunks, seasoned with salt, rosemary and paprika, then cooked up in the pan. Halfway through, added the mushrooms, onions and bell peppers. Followed the recipe from there. The chicken was delicious, but thought they seemed a tad bland, so served them with a side of Artichoke Lemon Pesto - Delicious flavor.</p>"
"One-half of a bundle is just not enough for 1 serving - definitely had to eat a whole one! Delicious and my family loved them!"
"I don't understand how this can make 12 servings when there are only 6 bundles??"