- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, mustard and garlic powder; dredge pork chops. In a skillet, brown the chops on both sides in oil. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and water; pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. If desired, thicken pan juices and serve with the pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chicken-Fried Chops
Sort By :
Found this recipe years ago, lent the magazine out and haven't seen it since.
This recipe is wonderful and like to serve it with mashed potatoes, am so excited that I found it again.
I used heart healthy soup and 1 inch chops with 1 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper with boneless loin. It was fork tender very moist and tasty.
This recipe is a 10 star recipe!!!! It is one of my favorite recipes. Modifications: I reduced the salt to 1 teaspoon and added 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and it was delish!!!!!
Tasty but too salty, I'll leave the salt out of the recipe next time. Also in the time alloted for cooking the sauce was dried up and the pork chops were falling apart. Next time I'll add more liquid and cook for a shorter time
When there is no time for crock pot prep in the morning, after work I just brown the chops in a deep skillet and add the seasonings and 2 cans cream of chicken soup and 1 can water I let it simmer about 30 to 45 minutes partially covered (vented lid) until chops are nice and tender. Makes lots of gravy for mashed potatoes or noodles YUM!! Also I somtimes omit the flour and oil and just brown the chops in the skillet with some PAM cooking spray it's just as good without the extra fat