- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, mustard and garlic powder; dredge pork chops. In a skillet, brown the chops on both sides in oil. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and water; pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. If desired, thicken pan juices and serve with the pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chicken-Fried Chops
"These were tender and tasty, the gravy was so good over mashed potatoes!"
"I have been making this recipe since I got my first Quick Cooking magazine, my family loves it, I always double it and make mashed potatoes and chicken gravy with it, so yummy!"
"These pork chops go very well with Can't Resist Cabbage Casserole."
"Found this recipe years ago, lent the magazine out and haven't seen it since.This recipe is wonderful and like to serve it with mashed potatoes, am so excited that I found it again."
"I used heart healthy soup and 1 inch chops with 1 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper with boneless loin. It was fork tender very moist and tasty."