- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- On an ungreased baking sheet, separate dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese lengthwise down the center of each rectangle. Place ham widthwise over dough. Arrange chicken in center of each rectangle. Wrap ham around chicken. At each long end, pinch dough together around chicken, forming points.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 170°. Top with slice of Swiss cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and pastry is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Cordon Bleu in Pastry
"I used two chicken breasts and cut each one in half as one person suggested. I also pre-cooked the chicken for 20 minutes. They still needed an extra 10 minutes longer than the recipe stated, so I placed foil on top for the extended time as someone else suggested to keep the rolls from becoming too brown. Delicious meal! Will probably try chicken cutlets next time and see how that works!"
"Very easy and tastes amazing!! My whole family gave it a "10". I would definitely recommend this recipe."
"Excellent recipe to prepare for guests or for a family Sunday dinner. It is easy to make, looks elegant, and tastes very good. I used thinner chicken breasts and cooked about 5 to 8 minutes longer than recipe indicated and it came out perfect."
"Haven't tasted it yet but just put it in the oven, the only modification I made was to use chicken cutlets instead of full breasts to cut the fat & cholesterol . This is the easiest dish I've made in a long time! Plus it's pretty, even before it's cooked!"
"I make a very similar recipe but I do pre-cook the chicken first; I spread the onion-chive cream cheese mixture on 1/4 sheet of puff pastry; top with chicken, then I wrap swiss cheese slice into the ham first to prevent it from leaking out, then wrap the puff pastry like a present. My family loves this meal!"