Baking chicken breasts in a flaky dough makes them turn out moist and delicious every time. This fancy dish is nice to serve family as well as guests.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- On an ungreased baking sheet, separate dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese lengthwise down the center of each rectangle. Place ham widthwise over dough. Arrange chicken in center of each rectangle. Wrap ham around chicken. At each long end, pinch dough together around chicken, forming points.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 170°. Top with slice of Swiss cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and pastry is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Cordon Bleu in Pastry in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p11
Reviews for Chicken Cordon Bleu in Pastry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review