Chicken and Red Potatoes Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 canned whole green chilies, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, one piece at a time; shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and chilies in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half of soup mixture over vegetables.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker; top with remaining soup mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken and Red Potatoes(35)
Sort By :
Wonderful dish and it was very easy to make.
This is delicious but I cooked it higher then it said to and it took more like 5 hours still.
cook this in a cooking bag, everything ccomes out tender and moist, onion soup is in every store where I live. (even Walmart) I gave this recipe 3 stars because it tastesd just like pot roast. which I had recently. Oh, I didn't use any peppers.
Thanks to all who went before me I used a cooking bag in the oven. 4 lg chicken breasts took less than an hour. Came out perfect. Moist and tender. 3 stars because it's basically a variation of pot roast, (sub chicken). I won't make it again, because my name is no repeats. I never cook the same thing twice. My family van't stand it!!! ( Only thing I cook again and again is my "man-snagging" pork chops!!!
I think this is a great recipe, I didn't have trouble with my vegetables cooking,i did cook it till they were soft. my family loved it, will make again, thanks for the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >