- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 canned whole green chilies, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, one piece at a time; shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and chilies in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half of soup mixture over vegetables.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker; top with remaining soup mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken and Red Potatoes
Sort By :
My family loved this recipe. I did make some changes. I used 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP milk and I used skinless, boneless chicken thighs instead of breasts. I also cooked 1 hour on high and 4 1/2 hours on low. Will make again.
This is a great one pot meal with chicken. I did used a small chopped sweet onion instead of the green chilies and then cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of onion soup. Instead of chicken seasoning just use 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder and 1/4 tsp. of onion powder. Didn't use the rosemary. The veggies do need to be pre-cooked a bit as they aren't done when the chicken is. Can't cook the chicken longer as it will dry out.
I liked the flavor of this meal. My husband doesn't like green chilies so I left those out and added some slices of onion. I cut the potatoes into approximately 2" chunks and everything was perfectly cooked after 5 hours on high. I also didn't have any rosemary so I left that out, too.
I nixed the green chilles, and put in Epicure Holiday spice instead of Rosemary, and a dash of white wine !!~~~***
This sounded wonderful, but I was hesitant to try it since so many people had different cooking times/methods. I finally did though, and it was yummy! I hate undercooked potatoes in the slow cooker, so I parboiled the potatoes and carrots before putting them in the cooker. I used just one 4 oz. can of chopped green chiles, and after I browned the chicken breasts I put a thinly sliced small onion in the drippings and browned them slightly, then added it to the other vegetables. I set my cooker on high for one hour, then turned it down to low and cooked it all for about four hours. I kept worrying that I was over-cooking it, but it came out just delicious. I'll be making this one again!!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >