- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 canned whole green chilies, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, one piece at a time; shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and chilies in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half of soup mixture over vegetables.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker; top with remaining soup mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken and Red Potatoes
"Great recipe! I cant find cream of onion here.. so I have to use mushroom.."
"So good. Browning the chicken first keeps it from getting too "waterlogged" - there's still something to bite into, and mine came out SO juicy. The flavor is great. I'll make this again!"
"I put in an envelope of Liptons dry onion soup and I used cream of mushroom soup. I also increased the milk to 1/2 cup and added 1/2 cup of dry vermouth. I cooked it on high for 4 hours and then on low for another 4 hours. No cooking on top of stove. Just put everything in the slow cooker. Easy and no mess to clean up."
"This sounds really good, but the sodium is way too high. I believe the soup is the culprit. I wish there was something else that I could replace it with."
"My family really enjoyed this dish. I followed the recipe except I used pork and didn't have chicken seasoning so I used McCormick grill mates Montreal chicken seasoning and it was good. I was able to find the onion soup and it was delicious. Because I work, my slow cooker gets left on a little longer, I had it on low the whole time for about 7 hours and it was fall apart tender, so flavorful. If yours comes out blah then you missed something... Must try!"
"Recipe incorrect on cooking time. Should be on high for 4 hours., not low. Flavor however was very good."
"I left out the mushrooms and chiles and it was still delish! Tasted great."
"Loved the flavor of this! Also turns out just as yummy with boneless skinless chicken thighs. Definitely a keeper!"