Chicken A La King Casserole Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the soup, milk and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add chicken, celery, green pepper and pimientos.
- Drain noodles; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and golden. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chicken A La King Casserole
Sort By :
I personally really like this casserole and so does my family. I think I could eat it every other day, its that good...