Chicken 'n' Chilies Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, half-and-half cream, onion, chilies, salt and pepper. Stir in the potatoes, chicken and 2 cups cheese.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 410 calories, 21g fat (14g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Chilies Casserole
"Easy and tasty. We used ham."
"I have been making this for years. I always get compliments on it.It's easy to make and is very good."
"Made this for the family, which consists of 2 picky boys, and we all liked it. I did use light sour cream as well as 2% cheese. Will try adding some spinach, broccoli, or cauliflower next time for some needed nutrients."
"I made this the other day for my family ~ They all loved it and asked me to make it again. The only thing I did different was add 1 tsp. garlic powder... AWESOME recipe Thank you :-)"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.