Chicken 'n' Chilies Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, half-and-half cream, onion, chilies, salt and pepper. Stir in the potatoes, chicken and 2 cups cheese.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 410 calories, 21 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Chilies Casserole
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.