Chewy Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- In a bowl, toss the coconut, flour and salt. Stir in milk and extract until blended (mixture will be thick and sticky).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 18-22 minutes or just until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 32 cookies.
Reviews for Chewy Coconut Macaroons
Sort By :
"These were a bit hit at this week's family dinner. Everyone likes chocolate so I placed a Hershey's Kiss on top of each macaroon while they were cooling. I use a cookie scoop to drop the mixture onto parchment paper. No messy hands and each cookie is the same size. I used 1 teaspoon rum extract instead of the almond extract."
"These are very easy and everyone's favorite! My family often requests these. My sister will not share these with ANYONE!!!"
"I was so excited to try these but my family didn't like them and requested not to make them again. The texture was unpleasantly chewy, not at all like a typical macaroon. I may try one more time just to see if it was a fluke that they didn't turn out but I was disappointed in this first round."
"Those that aren't sure about almond flavoring. Try vanilla flavoring as substitute. Most people love this flavoring in cookies cakes and pies."
"Very easy to make and very chewy, yum! I added a handful of frozen raspberries before baking and drizzled with white chocolate. They look beautiful too"