Pistachio Coconut Chews
Fans of coconut will enjoy that ingredient in both the top and bottom layers of these nutty, chewy confections. Spiced with cardamom, they have a splash of coconut milk, too. —Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 cups unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 teaspoons matcha (green tea powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, confectioners' sugar, coconut milk and corn syrup. Press half of the mixture into a greased 9-in. square pan.
- Add the pistachios, matcha, extract and cardamom to the remaining coconut mixture and press in an even layer over the top. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 1-in. squares. Dip bottoms in confectioners' sugar.
Originally published as Pistachio Coconut Chews in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.