Chewy Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and apples.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 97 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 10, 2018
Although these were moist, I didn't find these to have much flavor. I added dried cranberries, as well. Not sure I I will make these again.
May 11, 2018
These were great, nice and chewy. I chilled the dough before baking to keep them from spreading too much. I added some dried tart cherries for extra flavor. I think I'll add more cherries next time.
Dec 5, 2017
They were good.I added 1/2 cup more apples and 1/2 cup more white sugar.The children loved it! I also used 1 red apple.
Jul 1, 2017
These cookies are so chewy delicious!! I like to double the recipe and use half dried apples and half dried apricots chopped. I've never met a person who hasn't loved them!! I've shared the recipe many times!!
Sep 25, 2013
I enjoyed the different taste with the dried apples but I think the next time I bake these I will also add the raisins along with the dried apples for a little more flavor.
Sep 25, 2013
I enjoyed the different take on oatmeal cookies with the dried apple but I think the next time I bake these I will also add the raisins maybe along with the dried apples.
Sep 24, 2013
Pretty darn good. Chewy and soft. I used fresh apples instead of dry and they were delicious. Not sure they'll be as good tomorrow, but they were sure good straight from the oven!
Mar 17, 2013
if i wanted to use fresh apples, would i use the same amount?
Mar 21, 2012
The cookie was the softest and chewiest I have ever made. My family loved the apple, but I am a chocoholic, so I made the recipe again but with chocolate chunks and pecans. It was equally amazing.
Feb 24, 2012
Next time I'd like to substitute the apple for dried cranberries and add macadamia. First oatmeal cookie that I baked that I really really like.