- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Spread 3 cups batter into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread pie filling over batter. Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over top.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Cobbler Bars
"i cheated big time... I used 2 bagged cobbler mixes and well I think it turned out better by using the cobbler mix - next time I will use a already made crust for top and bottom! the recipe here was good... but just too doughy and wouldn't get dcooked on the bottom... I done everything for this recipe says... just wouldn't get cooked on bottom!"
"Question ??? Why couldn't you use crossiant dough , just smooth out , where you take it apart. It would be a tender & flaky crust..It would probably take 2 cans,for that size baking pan..I think I just might try it this way."
"made for a church bible study. Everyone liked the taste of the cobbler. Will make again."
"Not what I expected. Followed all directions carefully and baked as directed but the bottom batter is soggy, as if it did not bake. I have never made a cobbler before-is this how it should be?"
"My family loved these!!!!!!! LOVE"