- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir 1/2 cup milk and chocolate until the chocolate is melted and mixture is thickened, about 4 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon extract. Pour into pie shell; set aside.
- Set aside eight whole cherries for garnish. Chop the remaining cherries; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in water and remaining milk. Beat in pudding mix and remaining extract. Fold in whipped cream. Stir in chopped cherries and almonds.
- Pour over pie. Chill 4 hours or until set. Garnish with whole cherries and chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
Sort By :
awesome ..a great holiday pie or anytime pie..one of my # 1 and a hit with family and friends
This pie is fabulous! I have made this for pot-lucks and family holiday events and it is always a hit. I use the slivered (sliced) almonds and lightly toast them.
this is a wonderful pie recipe everytime I make it someone raves about it and wants the recipe thats what Im doing today ,getting a copy for my daughter to make for her family!
Wonderful, light and tasty. I've made this twice. The first time I made a graham cracker crust w/ coconut and melted butter, the second w/ oreo baking crumbs, coconut and butter. Preferred the chocolate, but both terrific. Our company loved it. A keeper recipe.
One of my daughter's favorite pies. Comes out great exactly as written.