Christmas is the perfect time to treat your family and guests to a luscious pie with chocolate, cherries and nuts in a creamy vanilla mousse. It's a sweet yet refreshing dessert. —Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Chopped chocolate, optional
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir 1/2 cup milk and the chocolate until chocolate is melted and mixture is thickened, about 4 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon extract. Pour into pie shell; set aside.
- Set aside eight whole cherries for garnish. Chop the remaining cherries; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in water and remaining milk. Beat in pudding mix and remaining extract. Fold in whipped cream. Stir in chopped cherries and almonds.
- Pour over pie. Chill 4 hours or until set. Garnish with whole cherries and, if desired, chopped chocolate. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Almond Mousse Pie in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p31
Reviews for Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review