Cheesy Corn Chowder Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 cans (11 ounces each) gold and white corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 cups 2% milk
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until onion is tender. Add the water, potatoes, carrots and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in corn and pepper. In a large bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; add to soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheeses; cook and stir until melted. Yield: 15 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Cheesy Corn Chowder(2)
Sort By :
This was a great easy to make chowder & my husband loved it!!! I will be making this again.
Very good chowder, good combination of flavors: savory bacon and rich cheese with a touch of sweetness from the corn. Great for the cold weather; makes a complete meal when paired with hot rolls.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Soup >
- Cheese Soup Recipes >
- Chowder Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Corn Chowder Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Cream Soups >