—Naomi Giddis, Two Buttes, Colorado
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, water, salt and pepper. Stir in chives.
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath.
- When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, sprinkle cheese on one side; fold omelet in half. Cut omelet in half; slide onto plates. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Chive Omelet in Birds & Blooms June/July 2001, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Chive Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2014
"Simple and tasty!"
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2012
"very easy my 13 year old daughter made this for me and It was excellent"