—Naomi Giddis, Two Buttes, Colorado
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, water, salt and pepper. Stir in chives.
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath.
- When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, sprinkle cheese on one side; fold omelet in half. Cut omelet in half; slide onto plates. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Chive Omelet in Birds & Blooms June/July 2001, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Chive Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2014
"Simple and tasty!"
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2012
"very easy my 13 year old daughter made this for me and It was excellent"