- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large saucepan, combine soup, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and 1-1/4 cups onions; heat through over medium heat, stirring until blended, 4-5 minutes. Stir in broccoli. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Cheddar Broccoli Casserole
"My entire family loved it. Very easy to make."
"I'd never used sour cream in a broccoli casserole, but it works! Will definitely make this again and again!"
"This was really good! Great alternative to green bean casserole."
"This is the broccoli version of green bean casserole. As I prefer broccoli, I like this recipe even better than the classic."
"I'm not much for broccoli, but this casserole was pretty good. It'll be a keeper!"
"Made it exactly as written. Very good! Definately will make again. My husband requested it , and I found this recipe. Took it to my inlaws for Easter dinner, and my father in law ate three helpings. Everybody went back for seconds. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!"
"1/15/15I have never made this dish before and my family just loved, they kept asking for seconds. My 4 yr old granddaughter ate extra servings as well. This will be a regular at my table. I added more onions and cheese on the top and it just gave it that extra!.I highly recommend this dish! Thank you for sharing.Mollie."