- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup and pepper. Spoon half into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Place biscuits around edges of dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until the meat mixture is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Biscuit Bake
Sort By :
Great receipe. I see posts below on the bisquit situation. put them in a pan in the oven and cook them for a bit. then take them out and then place them on top of the casserole and you will not have the problem of them being burned or not done.
I have made this countless times. It was in the first cookbook I ever owned (and still do). It is one of my husband's favorite meals!
I make something very similiar but add onion,green pepper,mushrooms and some frozen green peas. It's very good
Very unique recipe! And very delicious!
At 400 degrees the tops of the biscuits started to burn, but the middle and the bottoms were still raw, so if you don't mind wasting your money and not being able to eat the biscuits then I guess this recipe is for you. This is the 1st time in many years that I went to taste of home for a recipe because the last time I did, it was a waste of money also. Taste of home should actually test the recipes before they publish them. Very disappointed as usual.