- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four thin patties. Sprinkle cheese over two patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Cheese-Stuffed Burgers for Two
Sort By :
"Yes, they were OK ... I changed to 80% lean ground beef. That made it more moist. Also mixed in one egg, 2T steak sauce, 1t. garlic powder. Instead of the cheddar, used grated parmesan. It seemed to hold better in the burger! Second time I also put sliced mushrooms inside with the parmesan. Now that ... is a burger!"
"This was great, used this recipe for Labor Day and had great flavor. Nice change from plain burger."
"This was not bad at all.. My husband loved it!! I even added some sauteed mushrooms in the middle :)"
"I made this Stuffed burger with the burger pocket press and it was great! Look up burgerpocketpress.com it's a handy tool to make stuffed burgers."