Cheddar Cheese Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups 2% milk, divided
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large Dutch oven, saute onion and celery in butter for 5 minutes. Add potatoes and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in 2 cups milk, bouillon, salt and pepper. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add cheese and bacon; stir until cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Cheddar Cheese Potato Soup(16)
Sort By :
This recipe is really quick and easy, and my whole family loves it. My in-laws always ask me to make it for fall. I make this soup all the time and it's always a hit.
i made this it was very good i had left over ham i used instead of bacon will make again all my kids loved it!!
Quick, simple and really good. Even my picky husband and daughter liked it.
I love this recipe. I changed a few things to make it my own. I add carrots and subsituted some milk for whipping cream. It was nice and creamy, perfect consistancy and flavor. My new favorite comfort food! My family loved it! I can't wait to make it again.
Love this soup!! I used 2 cups of Cheddar and 2 cups shredded Velveeta!!!! And added carrots!!
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >