- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 9 cups torn romaine
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- HONEY-MUSTARD DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a small heavy skillet, combine almonds and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until nuts are coated and golden. Spread onto foil to cool. Divide romaine among salad plates; top with eggs and cheese.
- In a blender, combine the sugar, vinegar, honey, lemon juice, onion powder, celery seed, mustard, paprika and salt. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salads; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar-Almond Lettuce Salad
"We love this salad in our family. My sister made it for me when I was up visiting her and now I make it for my family. Love the combination of the dressing, cheese and especially those sweet almonds, so good!! Thanks for sharing the recipe."
"This is my go-to salad dressing recipe. It always disappears when I make it, and the recipe is routinely requested! I love the sweet, tangy flavor; the sugared almonds paired with cheddar are a really nice flavor combination."
"This was a great salad!"
"I made this salad for a family dinner and everyone loved it."
"Great salad, but I found the dressing abit too tangy for my taste."