This crunchy cookie was made to be dunked! Enjoy it with a hot cup of coffee or cold glass of milk. —Pat Runtz, Huntley, Illinois
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup strong brewed chai tea, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the tea, egg, egg white, milk and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, shape each half into a 10-in. x 2- in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes on each side or until firm. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chai-Chocolate Chip Biscotti in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010, p47
Reviews for Chai-Chocolate Chip Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review