Celery Seed Potato Salad Recipe
- 6 medium red potatoes
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender. drain. When cool enough to handle, peel and cube potatoes. Place in a large bowl. Add the hard-cooked eggs, celery, onion, salt and celery seed; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and mustard. Stir in cream, egg and vinegar until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture coats the back of a metal spoon. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; let stand for 20 minutes. Whisk in mayonnaise and butter until smooth. Cool slightly. Pour over potato mixture; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Celery Seed Potato Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p13
Reviews for Celery Seed Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review