- 3 packages (16 ounces each) frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place 1 in. of water in a Dutch oven; add cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, mustard and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Place cauliflower in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour sauce over top.
- For topping, combine the bread crumbs, butter and paprika. Sprinkle over sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cauliflower Parmesan Casserole
Sort By :
Followed the recipe precisely, easy to make. It tasted ok, just a bit bland. I will definitely make this again, but will add more S&P and ground mustard, and will probably add some garlic for sure!
I made only a half a batch because there are only 2 in household. I didn't any other changes and it was very good.
Excellent AND easy. I cubed some whole wheat toast for the croutons.
Excellent taste and everyone loved it. I made it in the microwave in a covered stone cooker due to conflicts with the oven and it turned out great.
Made this for dinner last night. I cut the recipe in half, added salt to the water when cooking the cauliflower and added a little extra salt and ground mustard to the sauce. It was delicious.