- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 package (12 ounces) corn chips
- 1 bottle (24 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add the cheese, beans, tomatoes, onion, romaine and corn chips. Drizzle with dressing; gently toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Catalina Taco Salad
Sort By :
Great taco salad. Goes together quickly. Fried the onions in with the ground beef and used a 16 oz bottle of zesty catalina dressing, which was more than enough. If not making for a crowd, don't mix the corn chips in because they lose their crunch as leftovers.
This is one of my favorite taco salads. I use ranch style beans and zesty catalina dressing and if I want to add meat I add grilled chicken. Excellent meal and flavor!
My mom has made this salad for years. We eat it meatless and it is just as good!
This was a really good recipe. I used the Kraft lite catalina dressing and only 6 Tbsp of it to cut back on some of the calories. The taste was still there! I will definitely make this again when I'm in a fix for a quick dish.
This is THE taco salad recipe. You can try Western dressing for a little more zip!