This quick and easy taco salad is popular with the teen campers at the youth camp my husband directs. Our daughter has requested it 2 years in a row for her birthday dinner. —Kay Curtis, Guthrie, Oklahoma
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 package (12 ounces) corn chips
- 1 bottle (24 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add the cheese, beans, tomatoes, onion, romaine and corn chips. Drizzle with dressing; gently toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Catalina Taco Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2008
Reviews for Catalina Taco Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review