- 2 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds each)
- 3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups salted cashew halves
- Grill turkey, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate until cool. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Remove skin from turkey; chop turkey and place in a large bowl. add the pasta, celery, onions and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and lemon juice; pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in cashews. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cashew Turkey Pasta Salad
"I've made this for parties, family reunions etc since it was first published in ToH magazine. I always get rave reviews and come home with an empty bowl. Easy, but special."
"I use the meat from one rotisserie chicken from the deli for a box of pasta. I sub yellow peppers, and sometimes make 1 1/2 times the sauce. I always get asked for this recipe! Love it!"
"I've substituted chicken for this salad and have made it several times. It's always a big hit even with people who don't normally like pasta salad."
"Every time I make this, someone asks me for the recipe."
"Great recipe, I rarely have any leftovers. I usually just buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. It's also great with shrimp instead of turkey/chicken."