- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- Mix first four ingredients until smooth. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, stir-fry mushrooms, pepper, green onions and ginger in remaining oil just until pepper is crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in water chestnuts and broth mixture; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken; heat through. Stir in cashews; serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cashew Chicken with Ginger
"The subtle ginger flavor in this dish is just perfect with the blend of chicken, veggies and cashews. Definitely a keeper!"
"Incredibly good! The only thing I would change is to make a bit more of the sauce, especially if serving it over rice. Delicious!"
"My Family loves this recipe, they are very picky eaters, but still enjoy the flavore :)"
"My family prefers spicy food; this recipe was too bland for our taste."
"This was very good. I would have liked the sauce to be a bit sweeter, and would recommend adding the green onions at the end, rather than cooking them for 5 minutes."
"This is FANTASTIC!!!! My whole family loved it :o)"
"My boyfriend and I both LOVE chineese food. We order at least once a week. tHIS WAS SCRUMPCIOUS! We are not big on mushrooms, so we replaced them with more green peppers! YUMMY! deff. a main stay dish at our house"
"Thanks for posting. Sounds good. My Dh likes cashew chicken. We goto a Chinese resturant here in town that has it.Angie"