- 8 cups sliced carrots
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the soup, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese.
- Drain carrots; add to the onion mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with croutons. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Carrot Casserole
Sort By :
"This sounds wonderful! Particularly impressed with fact that it's ***friendly for people with Type I Diabetes***, having only 1 carb./serving. Thank you for sharing recipe!! J."
"Made this dish at holiday time - good out of the oven, but as it cools to room temperature, the cheese coagulates and the texture becomes gummy."
"I made this for our Easter family gathering and EVERYONE loved it."
"I have been making this recipe for years. It is a favorite with all of my Grandchildren. They request it when Gram is planning a family dinner party. & Cooked carrots are not normally well appreciated by most of them."
"This recipe was perfect how it was! It was delicious and creamy. I used cream of chicken instead of celery since i didn't have any in the house. My husband LOVED it. Said he didn't even notice the dish not having meat!"