Whenever I make this dish, people rave about how good it is. One friend told me, "I don't usually eat carrots, but this is delicious!" That made my day.
- 8 cups sliced carrots
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the soup, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese.
- Drain carrots; add to the onion mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with croutons. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Casserole in Country August/September 1996, p51
Reviews for Carrot Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review