- 8 cups sliced carrots
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the soup, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese.
- Drain carrots; add to the onion mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with croutons. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Carrot Casserole
Sort By :
This sounds wonderful! Particularly impressed with fact that it's ***friendly for people with Type I Diabetes***, having only 1 carb./serving. Thank you for sharing recipe!! J.
Made this dish at holiday time - good out of the oven, but as it cools to room temperature, the cheese coagulates and the texture becomes gummy.
I made this for our Easter family gathering and EVERYONE loved it.
I have been making this recipe for years. It is a favorite with all of my Grandchildren. They request it when Gram is planning a family dinner party. & Cooked carrots are not normally well appreciated by most of them.
This recipe was perfect how it was! It was delicious and creamy. I used cream of chicken instead of celery since i didn't have any in the house. My husband LOVED it. Said he didn't even notice the dish not having meat!