Baked Carrot Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds medium carrots, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; place in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts and coconut. Sprinkle over carrot mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 414 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 18, 2017
we really enjoy ed this recipe. it was a good change of pace from sweet potatoes. i will make it again and again
Nov 19, 2012
Wonderful, I make it every year for the holidays. It's always requested.
Oct 28, 2008
I was reading the recipe over and noticed it has a good amount of sugar, do you serve this as a sidedish or is it on the desert menu? Was thinking of doing it with squash instead of carrots, since I have an over abundance of it right now. Thanks for answer.