Caramel-Pecan Sticky Buns Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3-3/4 to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, oil, salt and 1-1/4 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Combine brown sugar and cream; pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Place rolls cut side down over pecans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until well browned. Cool for 1 minute before inverting onto a serving platter. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel-Pecan Sticky Buns(11)
Sort By :
Awesome recipe! best one I've tried yet.
Yummy, yummy!! I made the dough in the bread machine, which makes it super easy to put this recipe together. They came out perfect! Will make them often...delicious and easy....couldn't ask for a better combination!
update on my sticky buns, they turned out wonderful!! I wish I could post a pic, so good!! yummmm!!
I just made these, and did an oopsy on the recipe, I mixed the white sugar with the brown sugar and cream, its rising right now, I hope it won't affect it? These are beautiful!! I will post again when they are done, thanks for posting this recipe! :-)
Delicious! Since I didn't have any heavy whipping cream, I used about 3/8 cup of warm milk and 1/6 cup of melted butter with the brown sugar. I am very happy with the result.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >