Caramel-Pecan Sticky Buns Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3-3/4 to 4-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, oil, salt and 1-1/4 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Combine brown sugar and cream; pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Place rolls cut side down over pecans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until well browned. Cool for 1 minute before inverting onto a serving platter. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel-Pecan Sticky Buns(13)
Sort By :
Did this recipe for Christmas and made them the day before and left them in the fridge as another review suggested and just let them come up to room temp before popping them in the oven and they turned out great!
Only thing I would change next time is a little less nuts but our family isn't huge on nuts in our sweet stuff but still enjoyed them very much
Excellent! They turned out wonderful! Family loved eating them Christmas morning!
Awesome recipe! best one I've tried yet.
Yummy, yummy!! I made the dough in the bread machine, which makes it super easy to put this recipe together. They came out perfect! Will make them often...delicious and easy....couldn't ask for a better combination!
update on my sticky buns, they turned out wonderful!! I wish I could post a pic, so good!! yummmm!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >