- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Reserve 1 cup cake mix for topping. In a large bowl, combine eggs, water, flour, oil and remaining cake mix; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans and reserved cake mix; stir in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, corn syrup and water until smooth; drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Nut Breakfast Cake
"This is so good and easy to make!! Will make again for sure!"
"Delicious! I substituted a butter pecan cake mix for the white, and it was yummy. I wondered if the glaze could use a little vanilla when I taste tested it before putting it on, but I didn't notice it at all after it was on. I may try it next time."
"This is a keeper, even with picky eaters its a winner."