Caramel Marshmallow Treats Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rice Krispies, coarsely crushed
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the milk, caramels and butter over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Place Rice Krispies in a shallow bowl. With a toothpick, dip each marshmallow into warm caramel mixture; turn to coat. Press bottoms into Rice Krispies; place treats on prepared pans. Let stand until set. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Marshmallow Treats(36)
Sort By :
I was suprised at what a huge hit such a simple recipe turned out to be. I found it a little tricky to get the caramel at just the right consistency but, otherwise, no problems at all.
I'm not rating this recipe; but, I make these also w/o the cinnamon or vanilla extract every Christmas. I roll the whole marshmellow in Rice Krispies and I only have known these as "Goof Balls". I will try this recipe & see how I like it
I will cut the caramel recipe in half next time but I will make it again!
so easy...and taste great
These were a big hit but they definitely need to be refrigerated or they get sticky.