- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch-square pan size)
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Spread into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes (leave oven on).
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels with milk. Pour over brownie crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted chocolate. Pour over pecans. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Fudge Cheesecake
Sort By :
"This was absolutely delicious...my family raved over it...and even though my brownie was not completely done...that was the best part because of the fudginess! I will definitely be making this again!"
"I was very disappointed. This was made for a Christmas party and when I pre-cut the cheesecake before the party, I found the brownie crust was still raw! I am not an inexperienced baker so I'm not sure why everyone else raved about this recipe. Fortunately I had some cookies on hand to take to the party."
"I made a big mistake to cheat. I tried to substitute caramel for caramel ice cream syrup. BAD move! This was very good. Took it to work for a birthday. Everyone of course loved it. Can't go wrong with chocolate."
"Very good ! Next time I will cook the brownie just a little longer and maybe not use quite as much caramel. It was a hit at the birthday today"
"well I made this today have not tasted yet looks good but tried to take off pan bottom and caramel started to run out,but it looks delicious and my hubby likes choc and so do my grandkids so I'm sure it will get eaten up in a flash!!"