- 1 package (9 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 package (7-1/2 or 8 ounces) English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions for an 8-in. square baking pan. Cool on a wire rack. Prepare pudding according to package directions.
- Cut cake into 1-1/2-in. cubes. Place half of the cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl or large glass serving bowl; lightly press down to fill in gaps. Top with half of the whipped topping, pudding, caramel topping and toffee bits; repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Chocolate Trifle
"Had at a dinner group and went over well. Better have a REALLY deep bowl - or trifle bowl. It will be very full!"
"I made this for a Manager's meeting at work and everyone loved it. I came home with an empty trifle bowl. Thanks for the awesome recipe. ( :"
"My family loves this trifle, I have to make it every Mother's Day or Father's Day. Instead of making brownies I buy the Two Bite Brownies from the grocery store and i don't use dessert topping I use real whipped cream. Everybody always has seconds the bowl is always empty!"
"Made it today and everyone loved it. It's a do over for sure!"
"I've been making this for years now but instead of using a cake mix I use brownies. Super delicious & everyone loves it-the bowl is always empty!!!!"
"Made it for a birthday treat for a teacher at school. Everyone in the lounge thought it was delicious and loved it! Lots of requests for the recipe."
"Awesome, so easy. Made lots of friends serving this delilghtful treat"
"i've made this recipe a few times and everytime the bowl is clean!!! sooo good and easy to make :)"