- 8 bacon strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place bacon in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Place chicken in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with tomatoes and basil. Wrap each in two bacon strips, arranging bacon in a crisscross.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Top with cheese; bake 1 minute longer or until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Caprese Chicken with Bacon
Sort By :
After a long winter this recipe sounded good. It was good ,however,the freshness of tomatoes were not like the summertime tomatoes.
This is a recipe that I love to fix when we have guests. I looks and tastes fancy, but is not too hard to fix. Definitely a keeper.
This was so easy to make and so good that I will definitely make this again. It looks like like it takes longer to make than it does.
Easy to make yet it looks like you spent a lot of time. Great for company. Delicious my husband loved it!
I love Caprese salad & this was a great idea, but tasteless. I would not make again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >