Candy Cane Punch Recipe
- 2 jars (10 ounces each) strawberry jelly
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, divided
- 2 quarts peppermint stick ice cream
- Miniature candy canes, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt jelly with 2 cups soda. Chill the jelly mixture and remaining soda. Just before serving, place 6 cups ice cream in a punch bowl. Gently stir in jelly mixture. Add remaining soda. Add remaining ice cream by scoopfuls. Garnish with candy canes if desired. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for Candy Cane Punch(7)
Sort By :
I don't know what punch the other reviewers made, but the punch I made for Christmas Eve was awful! There is not one person who finished their cup, let alone a 2nd sip! It is sooo sweet, that it's inedible. I'll never even attempt to make this punch again. It was one of the worst things I have ever tried. I should've just made the mint and pomegranate punch again this year. Oh well, live and learn.
HUGE hit at our Christmas parties last year. I'll be making it again this year. I found the jelly at the Dollar Tree - bargain!
I made this for our family Christmas get together. So glad I got enough to make for another party as the first batch was gone before everyone got to our house. They all said this was their favorite punch now.
I made this last Sunday for fellowship hour after church service. It got rave reviews and several requests for the recipe. It looked exactly like the picture. I even heard a man say, "Isn't that PRETTY!" Great recipe for so few ingredients.
I have made this recipe for years for a group of college kids. They always request it and can never get enough!