- 2 jars (10 ounces each) strawberry jelly
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, divided
- 2 quarts peppermint stick ice cream
- Miniature candy canes, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt jelly with 2 cups soda. Chill the jelly mixture and remaining soda. Just before serving, place 6 cups ice cream in a punch bowl. Gently stir in jelly mixture. Add remaining soda. Add remaining ice cream by scoopfuls. Garnish with candy canes if desired. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for Candy Cane Punch
"My daughter served this punch at her dorm's Christmas party and it was a huge hit! Even though some were skeptical of the strawberry-mint flavor combination at first, once her friends tried the punch, they went back for seconds and thirds!"
"Our family makes this punch every year, it's amazing! I have such a hard time walking away from it that I end up drinking more than eating."
"Served this punch for a Christmas party. Such a pretty presentation in a glass punch bowl with candy canes hanging on the edge of the bowl. The punch is so good and my guests didn't leave a drop!"
"I don't know what punch the other reviewers made, but the punch I made for Christmas Eve was awful! There is not one person who finished their cup, let alone a 2nd sip! It is sooo sweet, that it's inedible. I'll never even attempt to make this punch again. It was one of the worst things I have ever tried. I should've just made the mint and pomegranate punch again this year. Oh well, live and learn."
"HUGE hit at our Christmas parties last year. I'll be making it again this year. I found the jelly at the Dollar Tree - bargain!"