Candied Acorn Squash Rings
Rita Addicks, Weimar, Texas
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 acorn squash, cut into 1-inch rings and seeded
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Arrange squash in a shallow baking pan; cover with foil. Bake at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- Combine sugar and butter; spread over squash. Bake uncovered, for
- 15-20 minutes, basting occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 287 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.