- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and oil. Press two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Set remaining cake mixture aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, chocolate chips and butter. Microwave, uncovered, until chips and butter are melted; stir until smooth. Pour over crust.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mixture over top. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Can't Leave Alone Bars
"These bars have to go, mine just was awful, I will never make them again. The chocolate all went to the bottom, where did I go wrong. It is hard to get out the of pan. Down the disposable they go. Alice"
"If there was a way to give a recipe negative 5 stars I would. This is absolutely AWFUL. Tastes terrible, downright terrible!! I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out like crap. Disgusting flavor."
"Very Good! No problems, except sometimes different brands of cake mix make it turn out a bit different, but I am still trying to weed out the brands of mix I didn't like. Just be sure not to overcook, and these will fly out of the pan!"
"Does anyone know if these can be frozen??????"
"Easy and delicious!"