Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Pat into a 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar; stir in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture. Fold in coconut and walnuts. Spread over baked crust. Return to oven and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 123 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 21, 2015
I double the recipe for the filling. I also added some chocolate chips. My family of picky eaters loved it.
Jun 17, 2014
I felt that the pan was too large. I had a hard time spreading the dough to fit the 9x13 pan. Also the filling didn't fill the pan. I found a similar recipe in an old cook book that suggested using a 9 x9 pan.
Oct 17, 2010
I GOT THIS RECIPE FROM, "THE AMERICA'S BEST RECIPES" STATE FAIR BLUE RIBBON WINNERS COOKBOOK BACK IN 1984, GIVEN TO ME AS A GIFT.
Mar 30, 2009
I've made a recipe similar to this for over 50 years. Sent them along on an all day fishing trip with my husband and his brother one year. He said they were almost gone before they left our driveway.lolscarfy_54 Also, Idaho