Whenever a craving hits, I record what time it happens, where I am, how I feel, what I am craving and whether or not I give into the craving. —Tina Haupert, Weymouth, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and peanut butter until blended. Gradually beat in egg, banana and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, mixing well.
- Spread into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 188 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Monkey Bars in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.