Whenever a craving hits, I record what time it happens, where I am, how I feel, what I am craving and whether or not I give into the craving. —Tina Haupert, Weymouth, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and peanut butter until blended. Gradually beat in egg, banana and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, mixing well.
- Spread into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar.