Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups M&M's
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir just until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat evenly. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Cool. Cut into 3-in. squares.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 541 calories, 29g fat (8g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein.
Aug 12, 2017
These bars are quick to fix and taste great!!
Oct 13, 2011
I make these often for team snacks, my daughter expects them for games!I use a little less Cheerios (3 1/2 c.)I use a little more corn syrup (1 1/4 c.)Quickly add the cereal to the syrup mix, add 1/2 the cereal, mix fast, add the rest of the cereal. I use a 9X13 pan, line with foil, and lift it all out to cut into bars.
Oct 27, 2010
I agree with the 2 previous post... mine usually doesn't stick together either. Anymore, I don't even bother to try to make "bars" - I just make it a "mix". And it taste WONDERFUL and it is VERY ADDICTING. It has been one of our favorites for many years & I always get request for the recipe. (Tip: use seasonal M&M's during various holidays to be festive.)
Jun 17, 2010
Great taste...not enough syrup, peanut butter mixture. Mine was very dry. Total flop. Did not stick together at all.
Mar 10, 2009
These are very addicting! Everyone- all ages loves them!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.