- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1-3/4 cups plain M&M's, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in baking chips and 1 cup M&M's.
- Spread evenly into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the remaining 3/4 cup M&M's. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
M&M Cookie Bars Tips
What are some variations of these M&M cookie bars?
How do you store these M&M cookie bars?
How can you make sure these M&M cookie bars stay chewy?To keep these M&M cookie bars chewy, make sure you check them about 5 minutes before the recommended baking time to make sure they haven't dried out. Also, be sure to use the right-sized baking pan because using too large of pan can create a thin, dry bar.
—Christina Herbst, Taste of Home Assistant Digital Editor
1 bar: 233 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.