Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1-3/4 cups plain M&M's, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chips and 1 cup of M&M's.
- Spread evenly into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the remaining 3/4 cup M&M's. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
M&M Cookie Bars Tips
What are some variations of these M&M cookie bars?
Try adding other mix-ins to this M&M cookie bar recipe, like Oreos, caramel candies, chocolate chips and walnuts, like these loaded M&M cookies and these M&M oat bars.
How do you store these M&M cookie bars?
Like other cookie bar recipes, you can store these M&M cookie bars for up to three to five days in an airtight container.
How can you make sure these M&M cookie bars stay chewy?To keep these M&M cookie bars chewy, make sure you check them about 5 minutes before the recommended baking time to make sure they haven't dried out. Also, be sure to use the right-sized baking pan because using too large of pan can create a thin, dry bar.
—Christina Herbst, Taste of Home Assistant Digital Editor
1 bar: 233 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.