- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and oil. Press two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Set remaining cake mixture aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, chocolate chips and butter. Microwave, uncovered, until chips and butter are melted; stir until smooth. Pour over crust.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mixture over top. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Can't Leave Alone Bars
Sort By :
"Does anyone know if these can be frozen??????"
"Easy and delicious!"
"awful! I followed the recipe to the tee and there wasnt enough batter to line a 13x9 pan, you almost have to double the recipe just to get enough batter. I also found there wasnt enough liquid for the batter so it was very hard and dry-i dont know what others did that i didnt do to make this a good recipe but i wouldnt make it again!"
"Nothing special. I was looking forward to these based on the reviews. Usually anything made with sweetened condensed milk is delicious. Baked until golden brown , but the bars were mushy."
"I followed the recipe except used butterscotch chips...OMG are they sticky.....I can't believe just changing that would make them so darn sticky."