In our area we are able to camp almost all year-round. My family invented this recipe using ingredients we all love so we could enjoy them on the campfire. This hearty meal tastes so good after a full day of outdoor activities. —Janet Danilow, Winkleman, Arizona
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 pounds)
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onion in oil under tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add potatoes. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kielbasa; cook and stir until meat and potatoes are tender and browned, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in chilies and corn; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Campfire Hash in Country Extra July 1993, p47
Reviews for Campfire Hash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review