- 1-2/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pizza cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- In a small skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and peppers in oil until tender; cool. When bread machine cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll each portion into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle; spread with pizza sauce. Top with the onion mixture, pepperoni, pizza cheese and olives. Roll up each rectangle jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut each into 12 slices (discard end pieces).
- Place slices cut side down in two greased 9-in. round baking pans or 10-in. cast iron skillets. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Calzone Rolls
"My family and I loved these rolls. They were easy and fun to make."
"WE love this recipe. i have to double it to feed all my brothers. i usually just make a homeade sauce, spread it on the dough, sprinkle with olives, cheese, and pepperoni then roll up and slice. i sprinkle the tops with any leftover sauce and extra cheese!!! very yummy!!!! never fails!"