- 2 pounds smoked sausage, halved and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is lightly browned and onion is tender; drain. Add the cabbage and water. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes. Stir in the carrots and potatoes. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cabbage Sausage Supper
Sort By :
"I haven't made it yet but it sounds yummy and simple. Two of my favorite things about recipes. Why am I giving it a 5 star review before I even make it? Because it has the nutritional facts and a diabetic review. As a diabetic I have to control my carbs and I'm in love with the fact that you give that info, (plus the "2 startches, one meat" overview) it's extremely appreciated"
"I have this cooking and it smells freaking amazing! I can't wait! 3 more minutes! :)"
"Another Taste of Home success! My husband and I each had 2 helpings! I halved the recipe, and will add more cabbage next time. This time I also added garlic salt, black pepper and paprika per previous suggestions. And I plan to try it with adding green beans, like someone else suggested, next time. ! A definite keep here!"
"Very good, will make again"
"Good! Added some red pepper flakes and garlic."