- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Maraschino cherry halves, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in ungreased miniature muffin cups; press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a shell.
- For filling, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in the sugar, egg and vanilla. Add the pecans if desired. Spoon into shells.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Garnish with cherries if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Brownie Tarts
Sort By :
I made these as a Valentine gift for my child's Sunday school teachers. They loved them! I, too, left off the cherries. Instead I added a pecan half to each one before baking. (I had left the pecans out of the batter itself)
Great recipe! The 3 oz. quantity is the correct one. These were quite easy to make. I took them to an event at church and only brought home 2! I'll make them again. I followed the recipe exactly, though did leave the cherries off. Yum!
It is probably 3 oz. as stated. There are 3 oz. packages of cream cheese. If you can't find the 3 oz. size, you could use slightly less then half of an 8 oz. package. I might make these for Valentine's Day.
The ingredients are correct, it is supposed to be 3 oz.
I have not made this yet but it sounds delicious. I am wondering if it is suppose to be 8 oz of cream cheese instead of 8. Does anyone know?