I clipped this recipe out of a newspaper years ago and it's since become a family favorite. I like to serve it with fresh fruit and warm homemade bread.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 7 minutes or until juices run clear; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, stir-fry onion until tender. Add broccoli, green pepper and garlic; stir-fry until tender. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients until smooth; pour over vegetable mixture. Add chicken; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Stir-Fry in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p53
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Broccoli Pepper and Chicken Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review