- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Steam broccoli for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water and set aside. In a bowl, combine lemon juice, salt if desired, sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok over high heat, stir-fry mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add broccoli and lemon juice mixture; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Stir immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli-Mushroom Medley in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p11
Reviews for Broccoli-Mushroom Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review