Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen broccoli
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and broccoli to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and broccoli.
- Drain fettuccine; top with the broccoli mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
Sort By :
Simple meal! Very plain though. I added salt and pepper to taste, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese plus extra for more taste instead of 1/4 cup, 1 tbs. of crushed garlic, and a tsp. of ground nutmeg. Next time I'll add chicken to complete the meal.
Made this for lunch today and it was pretty good. I added too much flour because 1 T seemed like too little to me, once it was in the saucepan with the butter. I was wrong!! I will use the correct amount next time! I used fat free half and half instead of milk and will definitely do that again. The sauce was nice and velvety, more so than it would have been with plain milk. I also plan on adding some minced garlic with the butter next time. All in all, it was quick and tasty!
a little bland..but i add extra parm. to make up for it
This is just, in a word, fabulous! It's incredibly quick, easy, inexpensive, creamy and wonderfully filling. I made it last week and got a request for it again this week. I doubled the cream sauce because we like things really saucy, but it's great as-is. Thanks for what will be a family favorite from now on!
More Recipe Collections
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >