- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen broccoli
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and broccoli to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and broccoli.
- Drain fettuccine; top with the broccoli mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
Sort By :
"I didn't like it at all. Sauce was very bland."
"Thank you, Robin, for sharing your delicious recipe. Instead of parmesan, I used a mixture of grated cheddar, mozzarella, and goat cheese."
"One good thing if a recipe is as simple as this, you can jazz it up with whatever you and/or your family likes.Good basic recipe."
"SO GOOD. I took a lot of different peoples suggestions and made it my own.. Used almond milk, 2/3 cups of parmesan, added salt and pepper, and a dash of oregano and basil leaves. Also put plainly grilled diced chicken to the mix :O Nom. Nom. Nom!"
"Simple meal! Very plain though. I added salt and pepper to taste, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese plus extra for more taste instead of 1/4 cup, 1 tbs. of crushed garlic, and a tsp. of ground nutmeg. Next time I'll add chicken to complete the meal."