This versatile side dish is a variation of a recipe I've had for years. Instead of broccoli, you can use green beans, carrots or your family's favorite vegetable. You can even add cubed cooked chicken and turn it into a main dish.—Robin Stevens, Cadiz, Kentucky
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen broccoli
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and broccoli to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and broccoli.
- Drain fettuccine; top with the broccoli mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p7
Reviews for Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review